Beautiful eyes speak a thousand words. They play a pivotal role in shaping up your overall personality. Your eyes can make or break things in life. But the appearance of dark patches under eyes may play a spoilsport. They foil the beauty of your innocent eyes. It is not just lack of sleep or rest that causes these unwanted dark circles. Researchers have found out that a number of factors are responsible for under eye dark circles.
Here are the common reasons behind dark circles:
- Aging:There are numerous blood vessels passing through the under eye region. As blood cells get clogged in these vessels, they give a blue-black tinge to the region. Aging leads to the thinning of the skin under the eye. This makes the blood vessels more prominent and appears as dark circles.
- Hereditary factors:You can sometimes blame the bad genes for the occurrence of dark circles.
- Nutritional deficiency: If you are not taking a balanced diet, you may end up developing dark circles. Your body must get an adequate supply of vitamins A, C, K and E to prevent dark circles.
- Insufficient Sleep:Lack of proper rest and sleep turns the skin under the eyes pale. Therefore, the blood in the veins becomes more prominent, causing dark circles.
- Smoking and alcohol:The intake of alcohol or indulging in smoking can lead to dehydration of the body and thus lead to dark circles.
- Long hours under the sun:Your skin under the eyes gets damaged by the UV rays from sunlight. Moreover, spending long hours under the sun triggers the excess production of melanin pigment. This gives a darker shade to the region beneath your eyes.
- Pregnancy and menstruation:A woman’s skin is largely affected by the hormonal influences at the time of pregnancy or menstruation. The hormonal changes during these periods lead to darkening of the under-eye area
- Diseases:Researchers have found that certain diseases linked to the liver or anemia often causes dark circles under the eye.
- Allergies:The colour of the under-eye region often changes due to certain allergic reactions and subsequent scratching or rubbing of the area.
A holistic approach to remove dark circles combines various things like proper nutrition, some body detoxification, home-made natural face pack, lifestyle change, yoga etc.